Propane Taxi is an "equal opportunity" employer. Propane Taxi will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employement, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
Firearms/ Weapons policy
It is Propane Taxi’s policy to maintain a firearms and weapons free work place and prohibits the possession of firearms and weapons regardless of any license or permit that an individual may have which would otherwise authorize them to do so. No individual may carry firearms or weapons on their person or in the vehicle while driving for Propane Taxi. Propane Taxi will strictly enforce this policy.
Dug and Alcohol Policy
Propane Taxi has zero tolerance for the use of drugs or alcohol by contractors while delivering products for Propane Taxi. What leads to you losing access to your account? The account of any driver found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while using the Propane Taxi app will be permanently deactivated. Propane Taxi may also deactivate the account of any driver who receives several unconfirmed complaints of drug or alcohol use.
It is Propane Taxi’s policy to prohibit smoking on all company premises to provide and maintain a safe work environment for all employees. The law defines smoking as the "act of lighting, smoking or carrying a lighted or smoldering cigar, cigarette or pipe of any kind." Propane is flammable, do not smoke within 25 feet of the truck while making deliveries. (NO smoking while driving an assigned route)
Propane Taxi requires drivers to exhaust all practical options to ensure that deliveries are successfully completed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Walking around customers home
- Calling customers via phone number listed on order
- Knocking on customers front door
If all options have been exhausted driver must contact management or customer service and provide details prior to moving on to next stop.
The most important thing about a connection service is to make sure the coupling is tightened all the way on to the valve. A loose connection could result in a fire.
- Disconnect and take the old tank off the grill
- Connect the new tank to the grill
- Ensure the knob is completely tight
- Attach tank exactly the way the old tank was (hanging from bracket, or sitting nicely in the tank stand, etc.)
- Open the valve on the tank.
- Use a leak detection mixture to ensure there is no leaking at the point of connection
- Put the cover back on the grill if it had one
Connection Service Policy
It is Propane Taxi’s policy that ALL Commercial Deliveries require a signature at time of delivery. Failure to obtain a signature at time of delivery will affect the delivering drivers rating score.
Commercial Customer Signature Policy
It is Propane Taxi's policy that no driver/technician is permitted to enter a customers' residence. As detailed on Propane Taxi's website outlining a connection service the grill and tank MUST be accessible to our drivers / technicians. Please see official statement below that is outlined on Propane Taxi's website.
Policy on Entering Customer's Homes
At Propane Taxi, we are committed to the safety of everyone. If you have been involved in an accident, please follow these steps:
- Check that all parties are safe.
- Notify police and paramedics if necessary.
- Contact the Propane Taxi regional manager.
- Take pictures of the accident, and record a statement.
- Collect insurance information from the other partie(s)
In case of an accident
It is expected that all Propane Taxi drivers operate within the posted speed limits. Moving violations must be reported to the company as soon as possible. Propane Taxi updates driving records, and too many violations or points could prohibit you from signing up for routes in the future.
We are committed to the safety of both the driver and other vehicles on the road. Texting while operating a motor vehicle is not permitted while on a delivery for Propane Taxi.
Passengers and animals are not permitted in the vehicle while delivering for Propane Taxi.
Passenger / Animal Policy
Information we collect:
1. Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
During the course of your relationship with Propane Taxi, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, you may provide us with information during the sign-up process, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, and insurance information.
2. Technical information about your usage of the Propane Taxi platform.
When you use the Propane Taxi platform, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer or device when you access our services through a browser or mobile application. We may use session cookies (which expire when you logout of the app or close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us personalize your experience and remember things like your current zip code or that you have already logged in to Propane Taxi.
Location information: In connection with your use of the Propane Taxi mobile app to provide delivery services, we may collect information about the location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background.
How we use your information:
For business purposes. We may use your information to help us provide, maintain and improve the Propane Taxi service. For example, we may use your information to contact you, response to your communications and requests, and provide support. In addition, we may use your information to make improvements to the Propane Taxi platform, to understand how drivers interact with our service, and to developer new services.
What we share:
Disclosure of information to third parties. We may share your information with third parties under certain circumstances:
- With your consent or at your direction - We may share your information with entities outside of Propane Taxi when we have your consent to do so or if is done at your direction.
- With customers - We may provide some of your information to customers in connection with you delivering an order. For example, we may display you name and picture to the customers to show them who is delivering their order.
- For legal purposes - We may share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests form law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or Propane Taxi.
- For business purposes - We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information with third parties on a non-personally identifying basis and an aggregate basis for legitimate business purposes. We may also share your information between and among Propane Taxi, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice.
2814 Juniper St.
Fairfax, VA 20136
Propane Taxi does not permit you to deliver using a rental vehicle.